The Advanced Imaging at our Breast Center offers powerful medical technologies that allow for more effective and comfortable diagnosis and examination. Among the features at our new Santa Rosa location include an iPad®-controlled MRI environment (Caring MR Suite) and digital mammography with tomosynthesis capability—technologies not available elsewhere in the region.
Advanced Imaging Services Offered:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)—Imaging is performed using the Optima™ MR450w, coupled with the Caring MR Suite, which enables patients to customize their imaging experience with music, images or video from their iPad® or iPod®. Diagnostic capabilities of our technology include exceptional breast imaging, large field of view for abdominal imaging, two-station spine imaging and non-contrast, enhanced vascular imaging. Additionally, the system’s wide open, short bore offers a more comfortable patient experience with reduced exam time and a quieter environment.
- 128-slice CT Scanner—The latest generation in a line of CT scanners, the 128-slice scanner is an important method of radiological diagnosis. It can scan the whole body in seconds, providing incredibly sharp 3D images of any organ. Additionally, the 128-slice scanner offers a lower radiation dose with the use of Adaptive Statistical Iterative Reconstruction (ASiR), a technology that changes the dose paradigm across a patient’s anatomy. This helps achieve radiation dose reduction of up to 40% while maintaining image quality.
- Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Mammography (DBT)—This 3D digital mammogram can reveal the inner structure of the breast, showing fine details unobstructed by surrounding tissue. As a result, tumors can be found in an earlier stage. DBT is particularly helpful for women with dense breast tissue or those with a high risk of breast cancer.
- Digital Stereotactic Breast Biopsy—A less invasive option than surgical biopsy, this novel approach uses a special computerized mammography machine with intersecting coordinates to pinpoint the area of tissue change within one’s breast. After tissue is removed, a pathologist examines the specimen to make a diagnosis.
- Ultrasound (vascular, breast, obstetric, abdominal, general)—Sutter Pacific’s ultrasound imaging uses high-resolution ultrasound machines equipped with 3D views, along with color imaging.
- Digital X-ray—New, digital x-ray system offers excellent images and clinical capabilities, with a significantly reduced level of radiation.
- Interventional Radiology—Breast and thyroid biopsies are performed by our interventional radiologists. During these minimally invasive procedures, radiologists use medical imaging to direct interventional instruments and obtain tissue samples for pathology examination.
- Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DXA)—Used for diagnosing osteoporosis and other conditions that cause bone loss, DXA identifies levels of bone density. This technology is also used to track the effects of osteoporosis treatment.
- Automated Whole Breast Screening Ultrasound (SonoCiné)—This FDA-approved, adjunctive examination to mammography is used for breast screening for women with dense breasts. As an adjunct examination it can result in better cancer detection than mammography alone.
Electronic Medical Record (EMR):
- Rapid Report Availability
- Image Review - no need for film or CD
- Report Available to Patient Online (MHO)
Scott Booth, MD
Linda Casey, MD
Paul Doemeny, MD
Mark Popovich, MD
Jesse Rael, MD
Bradley Restel, MD
Anthony Sajewicz, MD
Gretchen Smith, MD
3883 Airway Drive, Suite 100, Santa Rosa
2449 Summerfield Road, Santa Rosa
Sutter Health Affiliated Imaging Centers
San Francisco County