The Travel Clinic helps you prepare for travel abroad, when immunizations or prescriptions may be required or recommended. Our experienced travel nurse will discuss health and safety concerns associated with any destination in the world and can also address concerns of a special needs traveler.
Travel Clinic Services Offered:
- Certificate of immunization
- Consultation with an experienced travel nurse for worldwide destinations
- Consultations and prescriptions for medications recommended for specific travel destinations
- Individual and family appointments
- Individualized travel itineraries
- Vaccinations: Hepatitis A; Hepatitis B; Japanese Encephalitis; Meningococcal; Polio; Rabies; Tetanus; Typhoid; Yellow Fever
Appointments and Costs
Appointments with the travel clinic should be made well in advance of departure. Call 415-600-2356 to schedule your appointment. Several weeks may be required to complete the necessary series of vaccines and to allow your body to respond to them. Prior to your appointment, please notify your primary care physician that you are planning to travel and inquire about any potential complications related to vaccines. Request a copy of your immunization record. You will also be asked to complete a patient health questionnaire.
On the day of your appointment, plan to arrive at least 20 minutes before your scheduled time. You should plan to spend at least 30 minutes with our travel nurse. The clinic charges $50.00 for Initial Travel Consultation and that includes prescription for traveler’s diarrhea, antimalaria prophylaxis and altitude sickness medication if needed. This $50 charge is not covered by insurance. Immunization fees may also apply and vary depending on the number of immunizations. Some insurance plans cover travel immunization. Please call your insurance company to verify coverage. You will receive an itemized bill to submit to your carrier.